Fire Rips Through Home on Thornbury Road
- On Our Radar
- Published on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 16:28
- Joanne Wallenstein
An afternoon fire on Tuesday March 14 at 159 Thornbury Road in New Rochelle is the third blaze in just four months to gut a local home. It appears that the fire started when the homeowner was filling his snow blower with gasoline and spilled some of it. The gasoline ignited and fire quickly spread through the house. The fire occurred during a severe winter storm that brought snow and hale to the area.
Thornbury Road is off Baraud Road, just over the border from Scarsdale. The New Rochelle Fire Department, the Scarsdale Volunteer Ambulance Corp. and Con Edison were on the scene. No injuries were reported.
On December 4th, fire ripped through a home on Boulevard in Scarsdale, killing a beloved doctor who was trapped inside and on March 5th, a home on Black Birch Lane was gutted by a fire which began at around 4 am.
Photos by Jon Thaler. See more here: