Horse on the Loose: Police were advised that a horse without a rider was running on Mamaroneck Road at 3:30 pm on 10/10. By the time police arrived the horse had already returned to the stables at Boulder Brook.
Vandalism: At 12:45 am on 10/14, Woods Lane residents heard a loud bang, looked out the window and saw a young man walk out of their driveway and enter a parked car on Southwoods Lane. The next day, the residents noticed that a windowpane had been shattered by a rock. They were not able to identify the person they saw outside.
Raccoon: A raccoon was found stuck in a dumpster at the A School on the afternoon of October 14. Since it was unable to climb out, police decided to give it a hand. They placed a two-sided ladder inside the dumpster – with one ladder inside and the other on the outside -- and the raccoon was able to climb out.
Dispute: On the afternoon of October 9 a tenant at a house at 24 Gatehouse Road called police when the landlord and owner of the house came by due to a CO2 leak. Police arrived and found Con Edison on the scene. They had been called about the leak and reported that they had turned off the heating system and it was now safe to return to the house provided the heat was off. A plumber was also at the home. However the tenant did not want the landlord in the house due to ongoing legal proceedings and “pending criminal charges against the homeowner.” They asked the police to tell the landlord not to come to the house unannounced and not to make any repairs without giving notice 24 hours before, per the lease agreement. As the furnace needed to be replaced, the landlord advised that work would begin the next day and the tenants agreed to vacate the property until the heat could be repaired.
Missing: A concerned Carstensan Road man called police on the afternoon of October 9 when he was not able to locate his wife. He had just returned from taking his sister-in-law to the hospital and found that his wife was not there. Since she usually does not leave the house without him he was worried. Police checked the house and searched the neighborhood. A cellphone ping lead them to Scarsdale Village where they inquired in the shops. A mailman said he had seen the woman walking home and when police checked back at the house they found that the woman had walked to the village to pick up medication and walk around town.
Whoops: A Yonkers woman dropped her keys down a storm drain on Boniface Circle on the morning of October 10th. The Sanitation Department arrived and used a magnet and a thin rope to retrieve the keys.
Pizza Prank: On 10/11 a Rodney Road woman reported that someone keep ordering pizzas from Amore Pizza for delivery to her home. Amore provided police with the cell phone number of the person who ordered the pizza and the Rodney Road woman recognized the number. She said she would resolve the issue herself.
Fires: A small gas tank caught fire at 2 am on 10/13 in the Christie Place Garage. The fire caused heavy smoke. The fire department put the fire out and no cars were damaged.
A grease fire broke out in the kitchen of a Woods Lane home at 5 pm on 10/14. The fire caused smoky conditions in the kitchen. The fire department extinguished the fire and took the homeowner to the hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.
Identity Thefts: A Kent Road woman reported that someone had used her social security number to file a tax return with the IRS. She was not sure whether funds had been refunded to the fraudulent filer.
A School Lane man noticed an unauthorized charge of $2,450 from Western Union on his credit card account on 10/12. The charge had not cleared and he closed the account.
Damage: A Johnson Road man reported that the driver’s side mirror of his car was broken off when it was parked outside his house on the night 10/11 -10/12.
This police report is sponsored by Scarsdale Security who does more than just security. Contact them about remote video for your home or business. Call 914-722-2200 or visit their website , http://scarsdalesecurity.com/