The Scarsdale Public Library, will hold its second annual Teen Writers’ Conference on Friday, May 11th from 5:00 to 7:30 pm at Scarsdale High School. The event is open to students in 6th through 12th grade. Each attendee will be able to attend two workshops, divided by grade (6th through 8th and 9th through 12th) in a variety of genres, led by local authors with expertise in their given field. There is no charge to attend.
Workshop choices include:
- Think Like A Script Writer/Novelist, led by Todd Strasser
- Finding Your Voice, led by Marilyn Johnson
- The First Page, led by Sheela Charli
- People Make the Best Stories, led by Carrie Gilpin
- Writing From Police Records, led by Carrie Gilpin
- Taste Test, led by Barbara Josselsohn
- The Art and Business of Short Story Writing, led by Jacob Appel
- Secrets to Writing for TV and Film, led by Bruce David Klein
- Get Writing!, led by Nancy Zachary
- Friday the 13th, led by Alice Scovell Coleman
A reception featuring dinner and baked goods will follow the workshops.
The Scarsdale Public Library is located at 54 Olmsted Road, Scarsdale, NY, 10583. Contact them at (914) 722-1300 or visit www.scarsdalelibrary.org