Tom Chapin and Friends will be live in Scarsdale on Saturday May 5th as part of Sustainable Scarsdale Day at the Scarsdale Middle School. Hosted by the Scarsdale Schools, Scarsdale Forum and Scarsdale Village, the day will offer exhibits, events, speakers and fun – all focused on green living.
An impressive array of exhibitors have been recruited to demonstrate how we can help to guard our environment. On hand will be experts to show you how to reduce energy usage at home, how to compost to enrich your soil and recycle your household waste and how to mulch your leaves to feed your lawn. There will even be a car show, featuring a sustainable fleet of vehicles including Tesla, Fiskar, Volt, and Leaf. A full list of presenters and exhibitors is included below.
The day will be completed with a free concert by Tom Chapin and Friends at 2 pm in the Scarsdale Middle School auditorium.
To learn more and register, click here:
Susatainable Scarsdale Day
Saturday May 5 10 am – 3 pm
Scarsdale Middle School
- Elyssa Rothe, of the NYS Energy Research and Development Authority will discuss NYS regulations, tax rebates, and incentives for Home Energy Improvements
- Bud Nicoletti, the White Plains Commissioner Public Works will discuss alternative fueled vehicles
- Ben Waller, Director Residential Sales at Mercury Solar will discuss solar installations, incentives, & rebates
- Anna Snider, of the Cornell Cooperative Extension will review the benefits of composting. Composting is a great way to reduce your waste stream and create your own organic soil amendment.
- Rick Harper, an arborists and entomologist from the Cornell Cooperative Extension will show how residents of Westchester County can address common pest problems of their home and garden in an environmentally-responsible, least-toxic way.
- Architect Bjorn Kuhn, will discuss the advantages of geothermal heating and cooling.
- Yoel Magid, will discuss the new LEED certified building at Westchester Reform Temple
- Anthony Vulpone will give a leaf mulching demonstration
- Middle School teacher Cara Forray, will lead voluntters at work in the middle school garden.
- Art Teachers will run an environmental art workshop for students and parents
- Larry Nesman, of Phoenix Mechanical will explain the importance of energy audits.
Last, see the display of sustainable cars at the High Voltage Car show, featuring cars by Tesla, Fiskar, Volt, Leaf and White Plains’ sustainable fleet
A FREE concert from Tom Chapin and Friends will be held in the Scarsdale Middle School auditorium frm 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
Exhibitors on Display (10 am-2 pm)
- Boy Scouts
- Bronx River Sound Shore Audubon
- Carol Capobianco, Native Plant Center
- Children’s Environmental Literacy Foundation
- Conservation Advisory Council
- Embassy Cleaners
- Federated Conservationists of Westchester County
- Friends of Scarsdale Parks
- Grassroots Education
- Green Guru Network
- Green Schools Coalition Westchester
- Greenburgh Nature Center
- Greenhomes Westchester
- Murphy Brothers
- Robison Oil
- Rosehill Home
- Scarsdale/Edgemont Girl Scouts
- Schildwachter Oil
- Southern Westchester Energy Action Consortium
- Weinberg Nature Center
- Westchester Green Business Challenge